Sunday, January 3, 2010

silhouette necklaces


Ah, my newest fascination: craft foam, courtesy of my local dollar store. You can freehand the designs on to the foam with a ball point pen, or use my tutorial for transferring a more complex pattern. Sharp scissors and an x-acto knife (for the fine detail) will be required. I also purchased this jewelry kit from the dollar store that had chains, clasps and jump rings (great deal!). I attached at least 2 jump rings and 2 clasps to each silhouette so that I can mix and match the pieces.




6 comments:

  1. This is great!! Thanks for sharing. I love that you chose such ambitious silhouettes (Eames rocker???) You are awesome! Look for a feature on DSC on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really diggin' this! I need to find the foam from the dollar store. Does it come in black, did you paint these? Or is it just shadowed. Thanks for the tutorial, I am going to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used black for all of them- I was just exaggerating the black on white for the picture.
    Craft foam can be found in the "crafts" section of my dollar store. It comes in all colours (I bought a pack with a rainbow assortment) including black .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so simple yet so amazingly fabulous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastic. Must get to dollar store asap!

    ReplyDelete